Through Silicon Vias (TSV) and Interposers
Atomica has been working with TSVs for years and is producing products today with nearly 140,000 hermetic metal-filled TSVs per wafer.
Featured Deposition Tool
VEECO PHOENIX ATOMIC-LAYER DEPOSITION (ALD) SYSTEM
The Veeco Phoenix Atomic-Layer (ALD) Deposition system enables high-quality atomic-scale conformal coatings.
- Designed to deposit pinhole free coatings that are perfectly uniform in thickness, even deep inside pores, trenches and cavities.
- The ability to deposit such high-quality films on substrates with ultra-high aspect ratios
- A wide variety of thin films can be deposited
- used to manufacture encapsulating hermetic coatings
- uses no plasmas making it ideal for a variety of delicate substrates
- coatings via ALD include: Silicon Oxide, Aluminum Oxide, Titanium Nitride, Lithium Fluoride
Featured Etching Tool
OMEGA® RAPIER™ DEEP REACTIVE ION ETCH SYSTEM
The Rapier DRIE process module provides the high-level of profile control, selectivity and uniformity needed for the critical feature requirements of next generation MEMS devices. With an installed base of >1200 DRIE process modules, the Rapier module etches Si using Bosch switched processing as well as non-switched etching for tapered profiles, wafer thinning and via reveal.
- Achieves best-in-class control over side-wall profile, scalloping, and aspect ratio, plus world-class etch rates, uniformity, and tilt control enabling highly sensitive gyro resonators and other critical MEMS applications.
- Implements precise control of the Si etch to a stop layer as commonly used for MEMS processing.