Atomica (formerly IMT) offers Deep Reactive Ion Etching (DRIE), Reactive Ion Etching and wet etching capabilities, where the process technologies need to be matched to the design requirements.
- Omega® Rapier™ Deep RIE system
- PLASMA THERM RIE cluster tool
- STS deep RIE ICP system
- STS AOE Pro (advanced oxide etcher)
- Veeco Ion Mill sytems
Atomica’s Advanced Deep Reactive Ion Etching (DRIE), Reactive Ion Etching (RIE) and Wet Etching capabilities
Atomica offers both dry (RIE, DRIE, ion milling) and wet etching capabilities, where the process technologies need to be matched to the design requirements. Our Deep reactive ion etching (DRIE) capability allows anisotropic etching of silicon which is useful for etching of close-tolerance comb fingers, vias or holes, and trenches.
Deep Reactive Ion Etching:
- Ultra-smooth vertical walls
- Better than 50:1 aspect ratio
- 90o sidewall angle
- Useful for etching of close-tolerance comb fingers, vias or holes, and trenches
Reactive Ion etching:
- Silicon, quartz, oxide, nitride, polysilicon, oxynitride, Ti, TiW, Nb
- Wafer edge protection for KOH/TMAH mask etch layers
- Deep trench oxide etch (for removal of oxide at bottom of silicon trenches, up to 10:1 aspect ratio)
- Atomica has experience with: Au, Ti, Cu, Cr, Si, SiO2, NiFe, Al2O3, CoNi, NiCo and solder
- Thickness: from 1 µm up to 50 µm
Featured Etching Tool
OMEGA® RAPIER™ DEEP REACTIVE ION ETCH SYSTEM
The Rapier DRIE process module provides the high-level of profile control, selectivity and uniformity needed for the critical feature requirements of next generation MEMS devices. With an installed base of >1200 DRIE process modules, the Rapier module etches Si using Bosch switched processing as well as non-switched etching for tapered profiles, wafer thinning and via reveal.
- Achieves best-in-class control over side-wall profile, scalloping, and aspect ratio, plus world-class etch rates, uniformity, and tilt control enabling highly sensitive gyro resonators and other critical MEMS applications.
- Implements precise control of the Si etch to a stop layer as commonly used for MEMS processing.
Featured Deposition Tool
PLASMA-THERM’S VERSALINE HDPCVD
Plasma-Therm’s VERSALINE HDPCVD product uses a new approach to achieving highly dense and conformal films at low substrate temperatures. The system utilizes a high-density ICP plasma with a temperature-controlled and biased substrate. Uniform gas injection at the substrate level maximizes film quality.
- Substrate temperature control via mechanical clamp
- Substrate bias at 13.56 MHz
- Low particulate processing environment with thermally managed reactor design — up to 180°C for walls and showerhead
- Process benefits include: Low temperature, Trench Fill, High-density films, High uniformity, Tunable index and Doping